At Mingary Castle the safety and well-being of our guests and colleagues is our main priority. As we open, we will be adhering to relevant social distancing measures and will be implementing additional cleaning and safety procedures. Our enhanced health and safety precautions are in place for as long as required to keep our guests, and our staff members safe during your visit to Mingary Castle. While these procedures will change the way we operate, we can assure you we remain committed to providing you with a warm, welcoming, and professional service.
Our health and safety procedures will continually be updated in line with Government guidelines.
Procedures & Policies
Cleaning and Hygiene Procedures:
- Our cleaning products and procedures meet Government guidelines for effective use against viruses and bacteria.
- Hand sanitiser stations provided throughout the hotel.
- Frequent sanitising of public areas including reception, restaurant, hallway, lounge area, staircase, and toilet facilities.
- Mandatory hand washing or sanitisation is compulsory for all our team members, every 20 minutes and always before starting work and before and after breaks.
- Ventilate and sanitise all areas after each service or use by an aerosol mist of sanitiser using an electrical fogging device
- Menus folders are sanitised after each use and where single use paper menus are used, they can be kept as a souvenir or will be disposed of.
- Strict food hygiene procedures throughout our restaurant and back of house areas.
Social Distancing and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- The use of facemasks is mandatory for all guests in all inside areas except when sitting down to eat or drink.
- Our Staff members are provided with government approved PPE equipment.
- Seating areas will be arranged to create the recommended spacing between guests, this includes the restaurant and lounge area.
- Our team will receive comprehensive training on health and hygiene protocols and carried out risk assessments.
- Our team are asked to self-isolate at home if they, or someone in their household, has any COVID-19 symptoms.
Temperature Checks and Track & Trace:
- Temperature checks are performed on all staff members on arrival to work.
- To comply with the Government’s ‘Track and Trace’ procedure we will ask you for your name and mobile telephone number or postal/email address, this information will be used to enable NHS Scotland to contact you should you have been in the premises around the same time as someone who has tested positive for coronavirus. This data will be stored in line with GDPR regulations and disposed after 21 days in a safe and secure manner.
Your stay at Mingary Castle:
- All check in and check outs will be from the Hotel to ensure physical distancing.
- All keys will be sanitised before and after each use.
- Due to the additional time required to complete our enhanced cleaning procedures and to comply with the new regulations our check-in time is between 3pm to 10.30pm Checkout time is 10.30am.
- Due to the additional and enhanced cleaning /sanitation procedures we are unable to offer extended checkout times.
- All correspondence including confirmations, billing and receipts are available either via email or in printed format, electronic correspondence is strongly advised.
- We minimise the frequency and the number of team members entering your room during your stay.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitise each room prior to arrival and before and after entry of a staff member by an aerosol mist of sanitiser using an electrical fogging device. Your room will then be sterilised and locked ready for your arrival.
- Daily service of guest rooms will be upon request only.
- Irons and ironing board as well as any additional items required can be supplied upon request.
- All bed linen is removed and bagged in the room and washed at the hottest temperature possible.